Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hidden Gems:

Focuss: Chicken Tikka Masala, in SF

Like Johnny Depp's CIA agent character in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" I eat the same dish
at each type of restaurant I go to, only I don't kill the chef (usually.) Just as I eat Bun Thit Noung at every Vietnamese restaurant, I eat Chicken Tikka Masala at every Northern Indian / Pakistani place. Here are my faves...


Masala Indian Cuisine, San Francisco: This place has the best ambience / price / taste ratio of all the Indian places in SF. The staff are friendly, the place is clean, the food is inexpensive and not greasy. The Chicken Tikka Masala rocks. What more can one ask for?
1220 9th Avenue (415) 566-6976


Chutney Restaurant, San Francisco: The Chicken Tikka Masala here is sooo good. The place is self serve, floors are greasy and it's in the tenderloin, but the Chicken Tikka Masala is sooo good... 511 Jones Street (415) 931-5541


Tasty Curry, San Francisco: While the ambience is lacking- greasy and self serve, the food does you right and the price can't be beat. Chicken Tikka Masala is very good- a little dry and I would like more chunks of chicken, but very good none the less. 1375 9th Avenue (415) 753-5122

No comments: